As an Airbnb host in Toronto, you want your guests to have a comfortable and clean stay. But with every cleaning session, there’s an environmental impact. Cleaning products can contain harmful chemicals that can harm the environment and contribute to climate change. The good news is, you can make small changes to your cleaning routine that will make a big impact. Here are some sustainable cleaning practices for Airbnb hosts in Toronto.
- Use natural cleaning products Using natural cleaning products is an easy and effective way to reduce your carbon footprint. Products like vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice can be used to clean almost anything. They’re non-toxic, biodegradable, and much cheaper than traditional cleaning products. You can even make your own cleaning solutions by mixing these ingredients with water.
- Avoid single-use cleaning products Single-use cleaning products like paper towels and disposable wipes are convenient, but they generate a lot of waste. Instead, opt for reusable cleaning cloths and sponges that can be washed and used again. Microfiber cloths are a great choice because they’re durable and can be used to clean a variety of surfaces.
- Choose energy-efficient appliances When it’s time to replace your cleaning appliances, choose models that are energy-efficient. Look for appliances with an Energy Star rating, which means they use less energy and are better for the environment. Energy-efficient appliances can save you money on your energy bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Conserve water Conserving water is an important part of sustainable cleaning. When you’re cleaning your Airbnb, turn off the water when you’re not using it. For example, when you’re scrubbing a surface or lathering up soap, turn off the tap until you’re ready to rinse. You can also use a bucket to catch excess water and use it to water your plants.
- Use a green cleaning service If you don’t have the time or resources to clean your Airbnb sustainably, consider hiring a green cleaning service. These services use eco-friendly cleaning products and techniques to reduce their impact on the environment. They may also have certifications from organizations like Green Seal or EcoLogo, which indicate that they meet specific environmental standards.
- Encourage guests to recycle Encourage your guests to recycle by providing them with clear instructions and recycling bins. You can also make it easy for them by providing a recycling bin in the kitchen and bathroom. If you have a large Airbnb property, you can even consider setting up a composting system.
By incorporating these sustainable services for Airbnb cleaning in Toronto, you can reduce your carbon footprint and do your part to protect the environment. Not only will you be helping the planet, but you’ll also be providing your guests with a clean and comfortable stay in Toronto.